WHY GIVE TO THE MEMORIAL FUND
As crime rates and Officer fatalities continue to rise, it’s vital to inspire an appreciation in every American citizen for the past, present, and future of American law enforcement. The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund works to preserve this rich history, stay vigilant on current events involving officers in the field and find ways to make it safer for those who serve.
Now you can help tell the story of the heroes who watch over our communities. With a gift that has an impact now or a gift that creates your legacy of honor, you can be a vital part of:
- Building the National Law Enforcement Museum. With exhibits, artifact collections, research, and education, the Museum will be a place for every American to appreciate and honor our law enforcement heroes.
- Sustaining the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial. Over 20,000 officers have been killed in the line of duty in our nation’s history, and their names are enshrined in the Memorial as a constant reminder of their service and sacrifice.
- Making it safer to serve. We maintain the largest, most comprehensive database of line-of-duty officer deaths, conduct research on officer fatality trends and issues, and serve as a clearinghouse of information about officers who have made the ultimate sacrifice – all to make it safer to serve.
Your gift not only benefits the men and women of law enforcement, but also provides specific advantages for you. For example:
- Most gifts cost you nothing now.
- Many gifts pay you income.
- You are not obligated in any way when you give. You can change your beneficiaries any time.
- You can give a gift of any amount – whatever is right for you. There’s no minimum amount required.
Your support will ensure that our values of honor, service and community continue for years to come.